Workplace Flu Vaccine Program
Registration is now open for Workplace Flu Vaccines for the 2013-2014 Flu Season.
- Beginning: Oct. 1, 2013
- Days/Time: Monday – Friday, 7am-6pm
Greenwich Hospital’s Occupational Health Services helps employers keep their workforce healthy with a cost-effective, onsite flu vaccine program. The program begins October 1st. The Centers for Disease Control recommends that people get their seasonal flu vaccine as soon as it becomes available in their community. Vaccination before December is best since this timing ensures that protective antibodies are in place before flu activity is typically at its highest.
Shots are administered by registered nurses from Occupational Health Services and Greenwich Hospital.
Benefits of onsite flu vaccinations
Fees and requirements
- Less flu-related absenteeism
- Reduced risk of becoming infected with the virus, or spreading the flu to family members, friends and co-workers
- Leisure time protected for family holidays and vacations
- Convenient at-work location
- One-time facility fee of $50 covers travel and set-up costs. This fee will be waived for employers who register before July 15, 2013 and make no further changes to the date/time of the clinic.
- Vaccination fee is $25 per person.*
- Minimum of 10 immunizations per corporate site in Connecticut and Westchester counties
- Minimum of 25 shots per corporate site in Manhattan
For company-sponsored programs, Occupational Health Services can bill the business directly. For non-company sponsored events, employees may pay at the time of service.
Other workplace immunizations are offered on an as-needed basis.
For information regarding the 2013-2014 Seasonal Flu Vaccine, please visit this website created by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: http://www.cdc.gov/flu/
To schedule onsite flu vaccinations:
Please fill out the 2013 Flu Vaccination Program Form
Or e-mail Meredith.Mahoney@greenwichhospital.org
or call 203-863-3404.