The Auxiliary is the present-day version of Greenwich Hospital’s original volunteer corps, formed in 1906. It is presently made up of more than 600 volunteers from Greenwich and surrounding Fairfield and Westchester counties, as well as donors to its annual fund appeal.
More about Auxiliary history including photos >>
- The Auxiliary's Thrift Shop, Gift Shop and annual fundraising efforts have resulted in donations of more than $8.5 million to Greenwich Hospital. These gifts have purchased Laser Center technology, a new MRI machine, a hospital-wide satellite TV system, and funded special hospital projects.
- The Auxiliary also funds annual scholarships for high school graduates studying for a career in healthcare.
- Greenwich Hospital Auxiliary's men, women and juniors donate over 70,000 volunteer service hours annually.