Rewards of Volunteering
It feels good to help others. It's even good for your health. As a volunteer at Greenwich Hospital, you'll enjoy an important sense of camaraderie and teamwork as you collaborate with hospital staff. The goal is to make the experience of patients and their families as pleasant and positive as possible.
Greenwich Hospital volunteers are appreciated and valued by the hospital community for their gift of time and commitment.
Greenwich Hospital volunteers also receive:
- Free hospital parking
- Discounts on purchases in the Gift and Thrift Shops
- Subsidized membership, after six months of volunteering, at Greenwich Hospital's Center for Healthy Living
- Access to educational seminars on current medical and wellness topics
- Regular communication through the hospital website and volunteer newsletter
- Membership in the Greenwich Hospital Auxiliary, the group that spearheads the Volunteer program.
Dave Maddalene, Healing Touch Volunteer
Dave is about to celebrate his 84th birthday, which would be a milestone on its own, but for Dave, each birthday marks another year he has survived cancer.
He vividly recalls the day at the Bendheim Cancer Center when two Healing Touch volunteers provided a session for him and his wife. He decided then and there that if he survived, he’d get involved in some way with Healing Touch.
“When patients are open to it, I try to teach them pain control and that they are in charge. I say that if an old man like me can beat it, so can they!” When people thank him for a session, he responds, “It’s my privilege.” Dave is an inspiration to all, and personifies what it means to offer high quality service to our patients.