The Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation staff makes teamwork a priority. We recognize that high-quality care depends on experts working together for the benefit of patients and their families.
Greenwich Hospital Physiatrists
Linda F. Grant, MD
, is Medical Director of the Department of Physical Medicine. Board certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Dr. Grant is certified in acupuncture procedures and oversees the lymphedema program.
Janet Freedman, MD
, is board certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Her areas of interest are acupuncture, lymphedema and spasticity treatment.
The Treatment Team
Inpatients and outpatients receive focused, individualized care from an experienced team of specialists that includes:
- Physiatrists. Physicians specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. Physiatrists focus on restoring optimal function to people with injuries to the muscles, bones, tissues, and nervous system.
- Occupational Therapists. Health professionals who help ill or disabled patients learn to manage their daily activities.
- Orthotists. Specialists who work with doctors to make and fit braces and splints for patients.
- Physical Therapists. Health professionals who use exercises and other physical treatments to treat patients who have impairments, limitations, or disabilities.
- Speech/Language Pathologists. Health professionals who diagnose and treat disorders related to speech, language, and cognition. This may include voice, swallowing, and fluency.