About Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
At Greenwich Hospital, patients undergoing oral and maxillofacial surgery can expect to receive the highest level of care. Greenwich Hospital's oral surgeons are skilled in the latest surgical techniques, including bone plating and minimally invasive surgery and treat a wide variety of conditions including:
Greenwich Hospital surgeons specialize in advanced surgical procedures including:
- Facial and mouth lacerations caused by injury or trauma
- Fractures of jaw and facial bones
- Impacted wisdom teeth
- Jaw and facial pain
- Jaw and mouth tumors
- Jaw deformities
- Reconstruction and bone grafting
- Bone grafting – Bone from the hip is grafted to the jaw to restore function and/or improve a patient's facial appearance.
- Bone plating – Metal plates help stabilize a surgical correction for patients who have experienced multiple facial fractures.
- Emergency care – An oral surgeon is part of the medical team for trauma patients with acute injury to the mouth or facial area affecting the jaw.
- Restoration or reconstruction dentistry –The repair or rebuilding of the mouth, teeth or surrounding facial structures resulting from a traumatic injury, disease or genetic defect.