Children's Physical Rehabilitation Services
Greenwich Hospital offers a full range of family focused rehabilitation programs for young people of all ages –infants through young adults. Using a team approach, our experienced, certified therapists work with a variety of specialists to restore each child’s functioning to the highest level possible.
How We Can Help
Physical therapists treat children with sports injuries, orthopedic and neurologic disorders and developmental disabilities. Strengthening exercises, balance training, aquatic therapy, and other therapeutic approaches are used to improve movement and function and alleviate pain.
Occupational therapists help children increase strength and mobility so they can function as age-appropriately and
independently as possible at home, school and play.
Speech-language pathologists evaluate and treat speech, language, voice and swallowing disorders.
“Whole Child” Approach
Each child receives a full evaluation and an individual treatment plan. Using a “whole child” approach, we address medical requirements as well as social and emotional needs. Individualized care plans include:
• Partnering closely with the family to meet the child’s overall health needs.
• Collaborating with public agencies, school therapists, home care providers and coaches
• Using adaptive equipment and tools, if necessary, to help children navigate and manipulate their environment at home, school and the larger community
• Matching children of varied abilities with peer-based recreational, sports, camp and fitness opportunities
• Providing preventive care
Physical & Occupational Therapy Services
• Aquatic therapy
• Assistance with feeding, dressing and other activities of daily living
• Balance exercises
• Cognitive and behavioral training
• Custom splinting
• Gait training
• Gross motor/fine motor/handwriting skills development
• Manual therapy
• Neuromuscular retraining
• Orthopedic injury therapy
• Power wheelchair assessment, training
• Premature birth evaluations
• Preoperative evaluations
• Sports injury rehabilitation
• Sensory integrative therapy
• Articulation/Apraxia/Dyspraxia therapy
• Feeding and swallowing therapy
• Receptive and expressive language therapy
• Stuttering therapy
• Vocal cord nodule therapy
Save time by preregistering for your first appointment.