About Maternity Services
Greenwich Hospital provides expert and comprehensive care for women and babies before, during and after pregnancy. We provide families with individualized attention and support to facilitate a healthy and safe pregnancy and delivery. Each family’s hopes and expectations for the birthing process are considered and respected. Our maternity team is focused on providing a warm and secure environment for a family’s first moments with their new baby.
Greenwich Hospital offers a broad range of programs and expertise to help women prepare for and stay healthy during their pregnancy, whether routine or high risk. Services include:
A highly credentialed group of specialists and experienced healthcare professionals collaborates with local obstetricians to provide women and babies with state-of-the-art, individualized care. Greenwich Hospital has assembled a team that ranks among the area’s highest in terms of specialized certifications. They include:
- Maternal-fetal specialists for high risk pregnancies
- Patient Safety Nurse (PSN), a maternal-fetal medicine nurse whose role is to promote the safest care possible for mothers and babies
- Obstetric hospitalist, round the clock
- Fertility experts
- Anesthesiologists, including an anesthesiology hospitalist round the clock
- Neonatologists, including a neonatology hospitalist
- Clinical nurse specialists certified in diabetes education, fetal monitoring and high-risk pregnancy management
- Certified lactation consultants
- Registered dieticians
- Social workers
Our Mother/Baby Unit has attractive, comfortable rooms, equipped with color televisions, Internet access, telephones, lavatories and showers. Arrangements can be made to have your baby room-in around the clock. Each room has a foldout chair/bed to accommodate the father/partner.
All patient rooms are private.
Learn more about patient room amenities >>
For premium room services, see Tender Beginnings Premier >>
View the online maternity tour for a peek at our patient rooms >>