About Radiology Services
Greenwich Hospital’s Radiology Department provides a full range of diagnostic imaging services and a growing number of interventional procedures.
- Greenwich Hospital's radiology services are fully accredited by the American College of Radiology.
- We have eight experienced radiologists who are all board-certified by the American Board of Radiology.
- Subspecialties represented include angiography, angio intervention, body imaging, diagnostic radiology, neuroradiology, nuclear medicine, and both oncologic and breast imaging.
- Mammography facilities are certified by the FDA, having met all requirements of the Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA).
- Our technologists are all accredited by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology and licensed as required by the State of Connecticut.
When cancer is diagnosed and radiation therapy prescribed, our radiology staff can arrange a smooth transition for treatment by radiation oncologists or other specialists at the Bendheim Cancer Center. Learn more about Radiation Oncology >>
Advanced Imaging Capability
Medical technology is progressing at a rapid pace. Greenwich Hospital offers patients and physicians access to advanced diagnostic resources.
- 64-slice CT scanner. This machine can capture highly precise images of a beating heart in five heartbeats, an organ in one second and an entire body in ten seconds.
- 1.5 Tesla and 3.0 Tesla MRI. These open and closed bore machines produce precise imaging to suit a variety of conditions and personal preferences.
- Fixed-site PET-CT scanner. This machine combines two types of imaging technologies to provide the greater diagnostic accuracy.
- PACS. This online system makes imaging results rapidly available to physicians either in the hospital or in their private offices.
Greenwich Hospital’s reputation for excellent service has been built on high standards for clinical quality and a commitment to treating patients and families with compassion and respect. We consistently achieve among the highest rankings in the nation for patient satisfaction.
Greenwich Hospital is a member of the Yale New Haven Health System, which is recognized for advanced clinical care, quality and patient satisfaction.
Appointments, questions, pre-procedure instructions: 203-863-4710
Copies of Reports/Medical Records: 203-863-3345
Copies of Images: 203-863-3037
Insurance questions: 203-863-3011
For Medical Professionals
Non-scheduling questions from physician offices:
Physicians: View a complete list of phone/fax numbers
for all radiology services >>