About Pulmonary Medicine
Board certified specialists in the Pulmonary Medicine Department diagnose and treat respiratory and sleep disorders. These include pediatric and adult asthma, bronchitis, emphysema, pneumonia, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), interstitial lung disease and pulmonary embolism as well as conditions such as sleep apnea and insomnia
. Pulmonologists are also specialists in diagnosing lung cancer
, and work as a team with critical care specialists, allergists, immunologists and others, depending on a patient’s needs.
Our pulmonary staff performs a wide variety of procedures, including:
- Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing
- Pulmonary Testing
- Fiber-optic bronchoscopy
- Pleural Biopsy/Chest Tap
- Pulmonary Function Testing
- Sleep Apnea Testing
Greenwich Hospital also offers specialized pulmonary services through its:
- Sleep Center. Adults and children are diagnosed and treated for a range of sleep disorders.
- Center for Hyperbaric Medicine and Wound Healing. Patients with chronic wounds caused by diabetes or other medical conditions receive specialized care through the hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) unit.
- Pediatric Specialty Center. Children with respiratory conditions, such as asthma, can receive care from pediatric specialists who have advanced training and expertise.
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program. Individuals diagnosed with coronary pulmonary disease receive personalized rehabilitation that focuses on exercise, diet and stress management.